Tuesday, July 13, 2010

aviatrix fail ~ a giveaway







Well not so much fail, but I was really off the mark with this one. I've been eyeing up Just Jussi's Aviatrix Hat for a while for Archer and just couldn't decide what yarn I wanted to do it in. Turns out, not only did I choose a colour that is totally wrong for Archers skin tone, it's ENORMOUS to boot. I did the 12 months size, thinking ahead for the end of winter/spring (and as heads run big in our boys thanks to their father), but it looks like 12 months in this case is quite literally size 12 months, which means this hat will fit him perfectly in the middle of summer! AWESOME! (not).

So anyway, I've decided to give it away. I was going to do a giveaway for my 100 posts, but never got there(I think this is # 108), so consider this it. If you think you'd like it for a baby in your life, who's head is significantly bigger than my little dude's, then leave a comment and I'll draw the winner when I get back from Hawkes Bay on Monday 26th July. I'll include some other goodies too, but they'll remain a surprise till I draw the winner. Okay? Okay.
edit: Just thought I'd add that the pattern say's to fit a 46.5cm head. Darnit I shoulda read that first huh?? Archer's is only 44cm (which I still think is big!).

5 comments:

  1. i love the style of your hat, they are so cute! my little girl has a really big head (she's in the bottom 25% for weight and height but 75% for head circumference so she'll be perfect!!). I got a Sublime pattern to make one of these hats but my knitting skills are limited to straight lines so will have to learn some more knitting skills before I can make a start. Have fun in the bay, I'm from Napier originally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, that little guy is so cute I want to scream!

    Megan - haha that's totally the same as my boy, go the big heads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me! Pretty please? Otto never keeps his hats on and might have a slightly better chance with one that is buttoned onto his noggin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it fit my big boy? Maybe, if not I have a friend having a baby soon ~ so it would be perfect for him next winter. It's very cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what size Eleanor's head it, but it's definitely BIG! I'd love to win this sweet prize...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)