Friday, June 18, 2010

craft two point zero (or 2.0)


me looking mighty spec-dorkular behind our stall.



It's pretty surreal to think that a week ago Rhiannon and I were bundled up in her car heading down to Wellington for Craft 2.0. In all honesty I have some pretty mixed feelings about the weekend. Archer behaved amazingly, he was such a trooper and the highlight was definately hitting a good dose of sleet falling on the desert road on the way home. At the fair I covered my costs, plus a bit which is good, but seeing other crafters wonderful wonderful work has made me really reconsider my own work. It made me realise that if I am serious about Squidgyums then I really have to work on my professionalism (in work presentation and in selling-sense) and push myself to get out of my retarded little world and become much more confident in what I do (rather than hide, scared behind Rhiannons clothes rail... hmmm....). I've gone ahead and applied for October, so we will see where things take us.

In the mean time I am feeling very inspired to revamp my hoodie pattern/design and to work on a few more things to offer for sale... because y'know apparently not everyone is into hoodies! And in case you were wondering, all stock left over is now available in my Etsy and Felt stores. yay! :o)

Now I'm off to detangle baby fingers from my hair... ouch.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Kristen, you are so brave and obviously it was successful too. Well done....I admire you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)