It seems to be birthday season for us at the moment. I feel like at least 50% of people that I know celebrate their birthdays in Jan, Feb or March.
One of Finley's friends Ruby turned 2 last friday and her mum held a morning tea party to celebrate, complete with a clever handbag and cell phone cake! Having 2 young boys means I come up at a bit of a loss for what to give girls as gifts, without going for the frou frou and the typical. And as I'd already given her a heap of clothes in her size, I decided I'd have a crack at making a doll. Despite my attempt at doll-making being in my 3rd form sewing class (which was a pitiful red-headed ragdoll, whom I deemed "Molly" after the infamous "molly eat your peas" domestic violence awareness ad that used to be on TV when I was at intermediate), I'm pretty happy with how she turned out. I think with a few pattern adjustments, I'll definately be making some more as gifts!
She is gorgeous! Did you have a pattern? I love her hair.
ReplyDeleteThanks! No, no pattern sorry... I just winged it and made one up. It's a small miracle she turned out ok really!
ReplyDeleteyay, turned out pretty!
ReplyDeletemy mom made me some dolls like this as well - but i wanted one with REAL HAIR... ;)
Kristin I can't believe you made her!!!! Ruby absolutely adores her and loves putting all her skirts on her at once. You are truely gifted and that just makes the gift all the more lovely that you made it :) xxx
ReplyDeleteShe is awesome Kristin, great job! :)
ReplyDelete