As I mentioned last post, at midnight, as the 28th of February became the 1st of March I turned 26. I was born of the 29th of February and usually on the years I don't get a birthday I celebrate on the 28th, but this year, besides recognising the fact that I'm officially a year older, I didn't really bother.
While 25 was a good year I dont feel like I achieved much goal-wise, so this year, because I didn't make any new years resolutions I made a list of things to achieve over the next 12 months (in the spirit of Rhiannon's List and similar to Elsies of A Beautiful Mess).
1/. Learn to drive and pass my restricted licence. (yes I know... 26 and don't drive... it's terrible).
2/. Do a maket or 2 with Squidgyums.
3/. Start saving properly. Aim for $5000
4/. Knit Luke something. We have conflicting ideas on what as of yet.
5/. STOP BITING NAILS!
6/. Visit one of my besties, Steph in Wellington. I've known her since I was 10. Her new bubba is a day older than Archer and we went through our pregnancies together long-distance. It's pretty neat.
7/. Run 10kms... maybe even 15.
8/. Sew myself 20 items of clothing (eeks!!).
9/. Sew Luke 10 items of clothing (thinking big here).
10/. Learn to surf on a longboard. Don't have to be able to win pro championships... just an attempt to get over my fear of the water
11/. Go camping somewhere I haven't been before.
12/. Go on 3 walks I've never done. eg: Sentinal Rock, Kaimai's.
13/. Paint 2 paintings for the house.
14/. See a movie at the movies (it's been 3 years!).
15/. Put together Fin's photo album/s.
16/. Put together Archer's photo albums/s.
17/. Knit Finley an jumper (and finish it!!)
18/. Turn off the T.V at night for 4 nights a week (unless it's a movie Luke and I will watch together... that counts as couple time to me!)
19/. Pass on 5 random gifts of kindness.
20/. Take Finny to Napier Aquarium.
21/. Do something social-wise to force me out of my comfort zone (I'm painfully shy in person).
22/. Take Finny to Hamilton Zoo. (it's closer than Auckland, more suitable for a daytrip with a little bubba).
23/. Sew Finny 10 items of clothing.
24/. Sew Archer 10 items of clothing (gonna be busy sewing!).
25/. Transfer all my recipes into 1 book.
26/. Become more organised!! eg: menu planning, clean out junk cupboard etc.
Too much to achieve with a new baby?? I hope not.
Fingers crossed I stick to it!
wow! You're going to have a busy year! Good on you for making a list - I really should get onto that. I'm almost 33 and still on restricted (I was almost 25 when I sat that test!) I'd still rather be a passenger and get out of driving wherever I can lol
ReplyDeleteand oh the photo albums! I don't think I've had any photos of Elijah actually printed off since before he turned one - he's now three!
Great post :)
Heya! I can help by recieving your random act of kindness. Your clothes are awesome & would look fab on our boys! I'm currently baking our 3rd bambino & need a to-do list too. (altho I never chew nails & do drive) our boys need their photo albums updated & they'd the aquarium and zoo....
ReplyDeleteHope you're on your way to crossing something off. Em