So I thought I'd better post that Wardrobe Wednesday post I promised 2 weeks ago now...
The theme for March is Handmade and I made this dress to wear to my Dads wedding at the beginning of the month...


Please excuse the crazy guy stealing the show...
It was good to bust out those rusty pattern making skills (for those who don't know, I was a pattern-maker in pre-baby life) and it's amazing how even though I hadn't done it for so long, everything came back to me like second nature. Almost tempted me to get back into the industry... almost ~ this machinist contract I have going on at the moment is enough to put me off again, gah!!
The dress came out a bit shorter than anticipated but I figure one I am minus bebe bump it will make a nice dress for picnicking at the beach... I'm not really the type to save pretty dresses for special occasions!



You did SUCH a great job on this!! Well done. And you were a pattern maker? Wow! I didn't know that. But that is awesome :) skills!
ReplyDeletex
I love the sweet lemony print and all the bow details. Its even awesomer you drafted the pattern!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about contract machining but remember that's only one side of the industry ;p
Gorgeous dress - love the fabric and the shape. It's SO pretty and I don't believe in saving for best either
ReplyDeleteStunning!
ReplyDelete(and whoooa! look at that bump grow!)
You look amazing and the fabric is just divine. Jxx
ReplyDeleteYou did an AMAZING job!
ReplyDeleteSo, can we hang out so you can teach me your pattern making skills? Pretty please?
♥
Talia Christine
http://taliachristine.blogspot.com
Gorgeous dress... looks lovely and summery... if we had a summer!! And gorgeous kiddies too... you've got it all!
ReplyDeleteKate (kittie444@hotmail.com)