Sunday, May 2, 2010

rhinos and tigers and giraffes, oh my!










(I tried to add more photos to this post, but blogger is giving me a hard time... more can be seen here).


So yesterday, Luke and I packed up the car, and took the boys to Hamilton Zoo. While it's nothing on its Auckland counterpart, it was perfect for a certain little boys first encounter with exotic animals. Finley was absolutely fascinated with everything, but funnily enough his favourites were by far the Kunekune pigs (familiarity I guess!). It started out a potiential disaster, raining for the first half hour. But as we had driven and hour and 3/4 to get there, we stuck it out and were rewarded with a beautiful early afternoon (if a little cool, but then it is May now!). Finley had a fantastic time and slept the whole way home. Needless to say Mum and Dad had a pretty cool time too. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)