(Finley is sporting his new hat, which is definately not going to fit for too long. Lucky he has a little brother to get another winter or 2 out of it.)
I have come to the conclusion that 2 year olds and I don't gel. I love my biggest little boy so, SO much but we just aren't getting along as well as we used to. I am pained to admit it (and you might shoot me down) but I am just not enjoying being Finleys mum at the moment. I am constantly reassured that this is just a phase but I am scared that as he grows older he won't want to spend the time with me and do things with me like we did a few months ago. Has the jealousy of a new baby finally set in? (although he still seems to adore his little brother). Or is he struggling to adjust to having just one parent around? (unlikely as the problem has been here for more than a couple of weeks). Or is the problem me? I myself was a horrible child, headstrong and moody. A delight for my mother in one instance and within seconds breathing fire and screaming the house down.
It would seem dear son that you are too much like your Mumma.
Don't give yourself a hard time! I can now admit to having times (that went on for much longer than I would've liked) where I didn't like my girl very much, or the mother she was making me. I still loved her, oh yes, but it was a deeply unpleasant time. I try to remember with kids that EVERYTHING's a phase. I use this little mantra - this too shall pass. Sometimes I need to use it a lot.
ReplyDeleteI think you're feeling exactly as I felt. But you have another little one to take care of too! The extra pressure probably accounts for a whooooole lot more tiredness etc.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, while I don't have two to deal with, I'm finally learning about things that Han and I can do together that don't result in her, or I, melting down. ;)
But then screechy mum makes her appearance a lot. I think I hate her more that the kidlet does :P
oh dear, it is totally just a stage, and it WILL pass, even though it seems when you're in it that it will never EVER pass. Two's are such hard times, especially when there is a younger sibling around. They kind of seem to discover that they are their own little person, and have very strong ideas about things.
ReplyDeleteoooh scary! What have I got myself in for?!
ReplyDeleteKnow exactly how you feel, we still have those moments sometimes. Just part of the journey I guess.. Not much help! Hey where is the new hat from, is that one from your mum? I love it, M had a similar one when he was little and I would love another one for Noodle xx
ReplyDelete