Saturday, July 16, 2011

weekend breakfast

IMG_6663

Today was a banana chocolate chip pancake kind of morning. We got up to a cracking frost here (and frosts are a rarity in our neighbourhood!) with a hankering for comfort food.

Speaking of comforts, we are off to the inlaws for the school holidays. yeah I know the boys aren't at school... oh well. If you're lucky I might pop in sometime to update you all, but no promises.

See you in a fortnight!

~~ Kristin ~~

PS :: an update :: our notice has been handed in to the boys Daycare provider so in 4 weeksthe boys time will be all MINE. It feels so good but also a little daunting. If anyone has any good preschool activity suggestions I'll gladly hear them!

3 comments:

  1. wow, YUUUM! wanna come make me some of those??

    JR got up early this morning so i snuggled down and waited for the call that brekky was ready. by 8am i realised that i hadn't actually heard his voice downstairs and that he must;ve gone to check the possum traps. *groan* roll out of bed and make food for the army. by 11am he still isn't home and i'm imagining all kinds of widow-ish things. we pile in the car and i'm scanning the flooded river for his CAR the entire way! just before we get to the bush, he cheerily pulls up - "were you worried about me?". relief and fury!!!

    anyway, that was MY morning!! lol
    have a nice break away X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can pop on in via my whare & make me some Narna goodness

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo how wonderful to have them all toyourslef...you can totally do it!...this may or may not help, but I have always done playcentre or manily music as a 1 morning a week thing....your local library might have a storytime session?? Start rotating coffee at friends houses so you have a wee coffee/play group....and I usually (in the past, as now am dubiously at work...my men come with me, and I teach new entrants, so its kinda sorta okish??) anyho, a letter activity a week...so week 1 is 'a' week...making, doing, thinking as far out the box you can for all things to do with 'a'...nxt week 'b' week etc...OR choose a theme thats interests you wee guys for the week, or until interest is over...vehicles are always great to kick off with...tonnes of online stuff/downloads etc too...if you want specifics I can email some goodies to you....some ideas anyways, might help??xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)