


I can hardly believe it. Two weeks. I was totally prepared for number three to grow quicker than I can blink but this is really just ridiculous.
Benji is wonderful. Don't get me wrong, he has his moments, he is a newborn after all, but because he is most likely my last, it all just seems ok. I just want to take it all in, let time go slowly and cherish him while I can. I don't care that he wants to sleep in the wrap in the mornings while I hang out the washing. I don't mind when he gets extra windy and just wants to be held and cuddled instead of hanging out on the floor. I don't care that my clothes smell and hair smell of baby sick and I don't care that he likes to be fed to sleep ~ although I will be investing in a dummy sometime soon as I can see this little habit becoming a pain even though it doesn't bug me now. It's a shame that it's taken three goes to really find my groove with this parenting a newborn thing but I can honestly say that I am loving it. And loving him. He is just awesome.
one other thing ~ why do people feel the need to ask new parents if their babies are "good babies". Is there such a thing as a "bad baby"? He's less than a month old for goodness sakes!
He so cute!!! How adorable are his hat and onesie!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, for me it took until the third to get my parenting groove and I absolutely LOVED those newborn days... sadly my third is almost 7 *sob*
Enjoy every moment.
Man I love this post! a) because that is one cutie pie right there! and b) because I relate to so much of it! Garland still prefers to nurse to sleep and sleep on me if he can. It's a pain sometimes, but I can't complain really, he'll be a grown man one day and this will all be a distant milky (sometimes sour), snuggly dream... And I totally agree about the 'good baby' thing. I am constantly bugged by this! Anyway, yay for milky sweet babies xx
ReplyDeleteI also feel like I've really found my mama-rhythm this time round - such a shame to not be having more.
ReplyDeleteTime is seriously flying, I best get on to sending your wee parcel!