Monday, November 14, 2011

boy style

IMG_7822

I promise I don't always dress my boys matching, really! I just wanted them to look 'together' for some nice photos to give the grandparents for Christmas. That and I really want some too ~ it's hard to get boys to stay STILL and CLEAN you know!

In the end I got a couple of nice photos. Which is a relief because if you know my boys, you know they are c-r-a-z-y!!

Finley wears:

Shirt ~ Cotton On Kids (sale rack end of last summer)
Shorts ~ thrifted and rolled up to make a cuff (I'm not a fan of the length of most cuts of boys shorts)
Shoes ~ Kmart (of course!)


Archer wears:
(everything completely handed down from his big brother, so it's all at least 2 years old!)
Shirt ~ T & T 
Shorts ~ gifted - Pumpkin Patch
Shoes ~ Pumpkin Patch (sale rack)


IMG_7831


At the risk of sounding like one of 'those' mums ~ I still find it mind blowing that I ended up with two such good looking little boys. How did that happen??


brothers (for christmas)

Because it's been a while since I've done a post in this series, I just have to reiterate that Boy Style is about dressing boys fashionably and on a budget. It's not about latest styles or labelled kids clothes, it's about stepping away from the daggy dragon/car emblazoned tees and cargo pants and inspiring mums of boys to open their eyes to different options. I still get sick of hearing Mums out there say that there is nothing cool around for boys without having to fork out the big bucks. It just takes an open mind and a bit of effort! :o)

edit:: I broke yet another card reader this morning. obviously this post was posted before that happened. unfortunately this means it'll be a few days before I'm back. sorry!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea - definitely agree about the Boy Style concept. My son doesn't own a single pair of cargo pants, or any tees which are "boys" tees, yet people always comment on how "cool" he looks. Your boys look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate all the boy style inspiration i can get! most of my boys stuff is hand-me-down from my older sister who only buys surf labels!! (so we totally appear to be label-bashers! haha) i don't mind, i appreciate all the help my boys can get in the fashion department, plus it saves me SOOO MUCH moolah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are so cute! You got some great pics. I'm totally inspired by you to do a kid style post or two one of these days! Its so hard to get both my kids to stay still at the same time (and clean like you said!)...

    And ha ha Dee - I had totally noticed that your kids were surf label bashers! But they always look pretty cute and nicely dressed too!

    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after my comment above - I did end up doing a kid style post myself and linked back to you. Come to think of it ... I seem to have linked to your blog in the post before that too! Just the way it worked out I guess - I'm not a blog stalker, honest! :) Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)