Our Zuchinni plants (there's a yellow and a green one in there) have thrived this year and have claimed almost the whole vege garden, as well as almost a whole shelf in the fridge! I thought I'd share the yummy Zuchinni Chocolate Cake recipe Finleyand I used this morning in an attempt to use some of the older ones up.
1 1/2 cups self raising flour, 1 cup wholemeal flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 3/4 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 50g melted butter, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 3 cups grated zuchinni, 2 tsp grated orange zest (optional), 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional).
(of course the car and the bulldozer had to help)
1/. sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl, and stir in sugars.
(including all over Fins wee face)
2/. In a seperate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, butter, vanilla and yoghurt til frothy. Stir in zuchinni and orange zest (if using).
3/. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Stir til combined, taking care not to overmix (or cake will be tough and heavy).
4/. Pour into greased and lined cake tin and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Bake at 180 degrees C for about 45-55 minutes.
and I'm still waiting... loads of Braxton Hicks getting me excited, but nothing leading into anything serious yet. Fingers crossed I dont go too late! All 3 of us are february birthdays, and while it would be pretty cool to have the whole whanau born during that month, I dont think the rest of the family would appreciate it quite as much as us! That and I'm not sure if I can cope with the heat for that much longer!!!
Yum! You are doing so well in this heat xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Lucy, but in all honesty this is one of the few productive things I have done in the last week. Mostly I've been sitting or waddling around moaning about the heat and wondering just which complaint is going to push Luke over the edge....
ReplyDelete