So this is the post where I get real brave and reveal to the world the true state of well... one of the rooms in my house anyway!
Currently, the babies room looks like this:
yes, that is my vacuum cleaner, a swiss ball and there is also included in the jumble, my sewing machine, the ironing board and one of Lukes surfboards.
behind that pile of fabric, baby blankets, clothes and toys is a wardrobe which is in an equal state of havoc!
I just can't seem to catch the cleaning part of that nesting bug! Thankfully I intend to keep bub in our room for at least the first few weeks and Luke will be taking 2 weeks annual leave to coincide with the babies arrival, so fingers crossed we wont be too sleep deprived to sort it out then (because with 2 weeks to go today, I really do think we will be pushing our luck if we start now!). Another project on the list is to sand down the dresser and give it a fresh lick of paint. I am as yet undecided on colour, but am currently tending towards an eggshell blue.
I currently have about 1000 knitting projects on the go, all of which have been abandoned due to the HOT weather we have had lately, and to be honest, my attention span is about as long as Finley's.


two pairs of overalls mid-knit

a pair of wee pants, my second attempt at dp needles. The first attempt was a beanie for Luke, which, surprise surprise, is also unfinished!

a little hoodie, which I just can't get enthusiastic over.
One thing I had really hoped to complete was the bassinette blanket I started to crochet, but again with the attention span I guess! It's about half done, but I'm thinking of making it bigger (for the cot), so I guess it's really only 1/4 to 1/3 done.

But on the upside, I have got a little sewing completed. Mainly because I realised I had very little newborn stuff after having lent a lot out and having borrowed stuff myself last time round. Pants, tee-shirts, hats, and scratch mitts as well as a pair of overalls and some bigger sized stuff too. I'm sensing a familiar colour theme coming through...


I've also made a new nappy bag, which I may post tomorrow (just completed it this afternoon). I have a few other things I'd like to get done too (change mats being the priority), but the chances are getting slimmer by the day!
I think you're doing really well! Summer pregnancies are hard work. Not long to go now-so exciting!
ReplyDeleteBravo for being so brave! It bears a strong resemblance to my daughter's room ;-)
ReplyDeleteAt least he's going be be incredibly well dressed! Who needs a tidy room when you've got style? heh
ReplyDeleteThose piles of clothes look fantastic, loving the colours and esp loving the creature bibs! Also, can't wait to see the finished overalls.. does the pattern go up to big boys sizes (18months?).
Rhiannon, the patten doesn't go any bigger than 12 months, but it's so simple it might be able to be adjusted to go bigger?
ReplyDelete