Saturday, April 13, 2013

finding beauty

Sometimes its so easy to get caught up in the day to day mundanities. Especially when things aren't going quite as well as you'd planned. It's kind of nice to reflect on the beautiful moments and smile to yourself for a while. Something I'm going to try make a habit of.

Here's a few things that are good right now::

1/. I love that I can lie in bed at night in this new house and hear the waves crashing on the beach, even though its 500m/ a couple of blocks away. Like right now, I can hear them. The sea brings me peace.

2/. Feijoas and figs. Not together of course. But the fact that they're in season? Well, enough said.

3/. Beautiful kind strangers and amazing gifts.

4/. A cheeky smile from a certain four-toothed babe and his ever growing personality.

5/. My biggest boy and his discovery of the written word. You've no idea how pleased I am that Finley has discovered a passion for books and reading. SO happy in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)